~ Happy New Year! DragomirCM's thoughts for 2018 ~
Happy New Year, everyone!
It's finally that time of the year when we say goodbye to our old selves and try to look upon our new selves with a better and more optimistic view.
Last year, my new year's resolution spoke about my inner fears, my desires and dreams as a writer and author of wonderful stories. Like all of you, I carried my flaws around trying time and time again to heal them, to change them.
I end 2017 thinking about my successes rather than my failures:
- I managed to edit and publish on Amazon 2 books, MA vol 2 and 100 Luck vol 1.
- I managed to finish more than three volumes worth of web novels, each with more than 120000 words.
- I learned that I was cured of Hepatitis D, which is a great step forward for my health, and one step closer to winning the war. Hep B, I'm looking at you!
- I learned to drive (although I had yet to pass my driving exam, I hope that in 2018 the examiners won't be as grumpy as they were last time)
- I was accepted as the writer for Tiny Trinket Games.
- I made my own website, thesylthorian.com (which name meaning I hope to reveal someday)
- I was able to connect more with my fans through Discord, Facebook, and even the comment section of my website. I read all of your messages and took into account all opinions no matter how big or small.
- I managed to develop and increase the quality of my writing both from a grammar and content point of view.
- I enriched my spiritual knowledge.
There are a lot of other ones besides those listed above, but I consider these to be the most important ones.
On the 31st of December 2016, I entered 2017 with a bunch of fears I wished to heal and a bunch of hopes I wished to achieve. They all come true more or less. 🙂 It was a long and difficult battle at times for me, but I managed to pull through.
I am still young, and I have a lot to learn from both my readers and everyone whom I will get to meet and interact with in the future.
Now, I enter 2018 hoping to achieve more than I did the previous year.
By the 1st of January 2019, I wish to achieve the following:
- I want to reach the performance of writing, editing, and publishing at least one book per month.
- I want to regain my ability of writing at least 2 chapter per web novel per week.
- I want to develop my website further.
- I want to publish on Smashwords as well.
- I want to be healthy.
And this is just a part of a bigger list, one which I hope to mark as completed by the end of 2018.
I want to say that I had lot of fun writing all of my stories, and I hope I'll never lose that joy. A lot of you supported me in numerous ways throughout the year, some maybe without even realising it. Your helping hand was received and treasured, of that I can assure you!
It is also true to say that all of my achievements for 2017 were for the most part owed to the support of my fans. From Patreon to RoyalRoadL, from thesylthorian to Facebook, your voices were loud and clear and managed to reach me. Thus, I hope that you will be together with me in 2018 and so on as well.
Happy New Year, everyone! And may the joy of a new prosperous and bountiful year reach all of us!
Note from the author: Thank you for reading this article! I hope you enjoyed it and maybe learned something new! 🙂
Check out my books!
You never know what you might find!
Check out my Web Novels!
Countless hours of fun and adventure!
I am grateful for all of your support! Thank you!