Website Terms and Conditions of Use (short version for those who don't wish to read too much or don't understand the one down below)
By accessing this website, thesylthorian.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site.
What you need to know:
- Cristian Mădălin Dragomir as the owner and manager of the website thesylthorian.com holds the appropriate copyright for all the content displayed on his website. Exceptions to this will be displayed where it's appropriately needed.
What you can do:
- You can read and view the materials displayed on this website as they are presented.
- You may use as you see fit for your own self the information provided in the Posts linked on the My Articles page. No commercial use is allowed.
- You may translate the Web Novels displayed on this website ONLY and ONLY if you notify Cristian Mădălin Dragomir and receive approval from him.
- You may use and modify the images drawn by Cristian Mădălin Dragomir ONLY and ONLY if you notify Cristian Mădălin Dragomir and receive approval from him.
What you can't do:
- Everything else not displayed above.
Basic RULES of how to use the website:
- Don't steal the content.
- Don't claim the content unless you have definite proof.
- Don't curse in the comments or on the forums, otherwise it will be censured or deleted.
- Be polite and civil with fellow readers, especially on the chat.
- Don't rush the author or threaten him, his friends, or his family in any way or manner.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use (long version)
By accessing this website, thesylthorian.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Unless Dragomir Cristian Mădălin personally allows you to do otherwise and proof of this is displayed on his website, permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Dragomir Cristian Mădălin's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Dragomir Cristian Mădălin's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Dragomir Cristian Mădălin at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Cristian Mădălin Dragomir's website are provided "as is". Cristian Mădălin Dragomirn makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Cristian Mădălin Dragomir does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- Given the chances of Internet scammers and unlawful users of copyright content on the internet, Cristian Mădălin Dragomir, does not take responsibility for the accidental misuse of a copyrighted item, but if notified properly, he will take it down. Proof of copyright ownership must be provided beforehand. By "accidental" it is implied that Cristian Mădălin Dragomir was unaware or was unable to determine the copyright of that specific item, either because it was masked as a Free To Use item or because it wasn't marked at all. Further law pursuit of this matter will be considered a violation of this terms and conditions of use and Cristian Mădălin Dragomir will not be held responsible for it. By accessing and reading this Terms and Conditions of Use document you recognise to be fully aware of this fact.
In no event shall Cristian Mădălin Dragomir or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Cristian Mădălin Dragomir's Internet site, even if Cristian Mădălin Dragomir or a Cristian Mădălin Dragomir authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Cristian Mădălin Dragomir's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Cristian Mădălin Dragomir does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Cristian Mădălin Dragomir may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Cristian Mădălin Dragomir does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Cristian Mădălin Dragomir has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Cristian Mădălin Dragomir of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Cristian Mădălin Dragomir's website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Romania without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will try to protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Who we are:
Cristian Mădălin Dragomir is a writer of Fantasy and Sci Fi who uses the website: https://thesylthorian.com. to share his work with the world.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
All the information written in the contact forms is private and will not be disclosed with anyone unless the owner is obligated by the law to do so.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).